Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Creative Writer Blogger Award

A few days ago, Amalia passed me the "Creative Writer" Blogger Award. Now, I must tell you six outrageous lies and at least one outrageous truth. I hope that you'll find yourself amused by my list.



1. Like so many boys, I solved initial personality conflicts through rough-and-tumble fistfights. In fact, the only lasting friendships that began before high school began with fisticuffs.

2. I've been on the internet for a long time. The first time I ever went online was in 1992 on my uncle's Mac. We tied up the phoneline for countless hours reading a newsgroup dedicated to video editing techniques.

3. We've always been at the cutting edge of technology. In addition to having the latest game systems, each member of my immediate family had a cell phone by the time I entered high school.

4. As part of my lifelong quest to be a Renaissance Man, I've played a lot of instruments in my life. My all-time favourite is the tin whistle, which I started after hearing The Chieftains.

5. Impulsive by nature, I once skipped a week of class because I "just had" to take train to Las Vegas. It didn't do much for my grades, but I did come home $200 richer than I left.

6. Always the businessman, I began quite young. At the age of seven, I cornered the market for flower seeds in my neighbourhood. But my dream was to start my own research facility to develop and market new inventions.

7. My guilty pleasure is popping anchovies. I've been known to eat them in hiding during breaks, much to the chagrin of students, teachers, and coworkers.

Which one is true? Post any guesses in the comments, and I will follow up soon.

This is post 315.

3 comments:

  1. I am leaning toward number 5 being the truth. But that's really more guess than anything. And I'm not good at guessing! These are good!

    it took me literally more than an hour to come up with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting options... But you know what? I'm not going to guess. That would make it too easy for everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is frustrating. I'm leaning towards 3 or 6 being true. I'm fairly certain 5 and 7 are lies.

    ReplyDelete

Comments that are uncivil, gratuitously profane, or spam will be deleted.